Cabin in the woods



Cabin in the woods redefined what a movie going experience was for me at the time when it came out. I remember going by myself after being forced out of the house by my mom who was hosting a wine night with the other single moms of the neighborhood. At first when I bought the ticket I was hesitant, thinking that I was going to watch just another run of the mill horror flick with the same jump scares and loud noises they all rehash time and time again. Especially since I had already seen some trailers for it too and they all made it seem like a very predictable watch. But upon viewing it, I was surprised to find that it took every horror trope I could think of and flipped them in very different and unique ways. This movie knew what it was and embraced it.  It was funny and scary in the best ways. I had a lot of fun with it. This is a movie that my friends and me revisit frequently because of how ridiculous it is. Whenever you think you know what’s going to happen next it switches it up on you. Visually speaking, it also holds it’s own bringing back monsters that people could recognize and some new ones that’ll definitely not be forgotten. I definitely recommend this movie to anyone who’s given up on horror movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre