Assesments-Bloodchild/ Diverse Position Scifi

What is your reaction to the text you just read?
It was kind of difficult for me to understand what was happening at the beginning, I wasn't really sure what was going on for pretty much most of the reading. Felt kind of left out of the experience of what was happening. It did make me feel as if I was reading about something foreign or alien like, written with a sense of normalcy. 

What connections did you make with the story you just read?
None at all, felt pretty out of touch with most of the characters. I wish there were more visual descriptors. Everything felt so foreign that it wad hard to imagine what the interactions with the aliens and humans looked like. 

What changes would make to adapt this story to a different medium? 
I would make more emotionally driven characters that would translate better in a visual medium like animation.  I would also alter some of the story elements, maybe hinting at a human revolt against aliens. Although cliche, humans vs. aliens would be a bit more entertaining, for me at least. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre