The Heroic Journey

I remember watching the Lord of the rings movies with my dad as a kid and I never forgot how invested I would get with the story and the characters. The word "epic" is what comes to mind whenever I hear anybody talk about lord of the rings. As a fan of the movies the books always seemed too intimating and quite long for my taste. With the hobbit I had a similar hesitation and honestly it was kind of a tough read at times, I didn't really enjoy how things were overly described in some cases and it kind of thru me off when the characters broke into song (not hating on the story but I personally don't like musicals and stuff like that). With that being said tho I really liked how it felt like more of a parable that was being told to me. It felt magical less dark than the lord of the rings. In retrospect it would've been a lot better if I listened to the audiobook, I probably would've enjoyed the songs and other things a bit more. It's incredible how one person created this world that feels so real. Definitely feel like marathoning the movies now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

Witches and Women in Genre