Cyberpunk and Steampunk


For this week I read the manga Blame! written and illustrated by Tsutomu Nihei. This story is based in a future version of earth were technology overtook humanity like a plague and now humans are the minority. Technology is always expanding in this world to the point were the inhabitants of the city don't even recall what land looks like. The main character, Kyrii, is in search of the net terminal gene which if found could potentially help humanity restore itself. Cyber punk is one of my favorite genres, I love the look of worn and used advanced technology. Especially in "Blame!" where the city looks like a concrete jungle with cables for vines. Overall the story kind of lacked in character development and I constantly felt like there was some missing information that I should know to better understand what was happening. But I still enjoyed it quite a bit and found myself pretty invested in the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre