Space Opera

Space opera is a genre that even at its worst I still find it to be really appealing. For this week I read the comic-book Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I really liked the way it was illustrated and found it to be a really fun read. I especially liked how right from the get go we're plunged into some crazy action with little breathing time. My favorite aspect of this comic book is how even the villains have good motives and have their own reasons for being the way they are. A good example of this is Will, the freelancer/bounty hunter who is in pursuit of them. Even he has problems and inner demons he is facing and I like seeing that hidden side to characters that aren't the main focus of the story. I really enjoyed the forbidden love aspect to the story too and how they are pursued by officials from all over the galaxy. It's pretty charming to see it be narrated by their daughter who we witness grow up. This is definitely a story Im going to keep reading. 

Comments

  1. I may have to read this comic! I love when stories start out with immediate action, and villains with good motives can really elevate a story's quality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre