The Novel of Spiritual Education

Fullmetal Alchemist is a manga that definitely tackles issues of whats right and wrong in world were alchemy is used as a weapon. The main characters are two brothers who are in pursuit of finding a way to get their normal bodies back. Edward and his brother Al tried to bring their mother back to life using alchemy but in a failed attempt, the kids bit more than they could chew and their bodies were used as tribute. Quickly learning that in alchemy human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. I didn't grow up reading books when I was younger, all I ever read was manga. This one in particular really had impact in my life. For this week I chose to revisit and actually finish reading the story. I was surprised to find how dark and real the story was. Definitely missed a few things when I was younger. But it made me think about things like sacrifice and human nature that really added to my premature cynicism as a young teen and reading it now really cements it in head. It was a very consistent story that never lost track of what it's original goal was. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre