Science fiction parody and satire

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy BBC audio play was really entertaining. I especially liked it  because I could work on some artwork while getting lost in the galaxy along with the main characters Arthur and Ford. Reading requires my full attention but with the audio play most of the work was done for me, with the addition of multiple voice actors and some sound bits, I felt immersed in the the story right form the get go. The writing felt so fun and creative, but it also tackled themes of government and religion in a way that just made it look ridiculous. It was also hilarious to see how technology in the story kind of mirrored what is happening with technology now a days with devices that have so many useless features that just create more of an inconvenience instead of aiding the user. I really enjoyed this and I can for sure see myself revisiting it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Opera

The Heroic Journey

Witches and Women in Genre